BLACK BEAN SOUP
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1-1/2 hours
2-3 Tablespoons Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 medium Red Onion, chopped
2 stalks Celery, chopped
2 to 3 small Carrot, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, minced
5 Baby Portabella Mushrooms, chopped (I buy these freeze dried - great time saver!)
1 (15-oz) can Black Beans, drained
1 (15-oz) can Pinto Bean, drained
1-1/2 cups organic Beef, Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 Tablespoons dry Seaweed
2 Tablespoons Dry Sherry (substitute with Apple Cider Vinegar)
2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon Sea Salt/Kelp Mix* (see below)
1 teaspoon ground Tumeric
1: Add Oil to large stockpot and heat on medium-high setting for 1-2 minutes. Add onion, celery and carrots and saute for 5-6 minutes; until onion is translucent.
2: Add garlic and mushrooms. If using dehydrated mushrooms, re-hydrate by soaking in a bowl of hot water for 2-3 minutes. Cook until mushrooms are slightly brown; 2-3 minutes.
3: Add both cans of beans and broth.
4: Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 90 minutes.
5: Serve immediately.
There are many serving options which is why I call this is an energy boost foundation recipe!
- Pour in bowl and eat as it with a slice of toasted Machmeiker bread and a serving of Goat Cheese.
- Have a small bowl with a grilled gourmet cheese sandwich.
- Pour over a baked potato and sprinkle fresh parsley.
- Pour over a bowl of brown rice.
- Add in sausage, chicken or ham.
- Serve as an appetizer or starter for any meal, including breakfast.
- Add in extra fresh or frozen veggies according to your own personal preference.